Essay on childhood memories for class 11

Life is all about three eye blinks – childhood, adulthood, and old age. Age doesn’t stay constant but memories do. Life revolves around social animals and their environment which may comprise of the nation, creed, mother tongue, culture, ethnicity, religion, and so on…

 

Childhood is the most innocent phase of a social animal’s life. Everything seems carefree, no responsibilities, no fear of judgment, no shyness to say or act, no worries of bread and butter – it’s once in a lifetime experience.

 

“A thing of beauty is a joy forever” – John Keats

 

Childhood memories comprise some of the sweetest, relishing, and evergreen moments. Love, joy, fulfillment, and the level of attention that everyone pays to you is something mouth-watering – being a child.

You even get trillions of kisses throughout days and nights, which sounds so satisfying. Days start in bed – most of the day remains so and then Night ends in bed too. No profit, no loss, no schools, no enemies, no guilt, no risks even no work throughout this phase of your life. Childhood is as colorful and gentle as a butterfly; they help shape our character and personality. These memories revolve around parents, siblings, cousins, friends, neighbors, and teachers.

Schooling

But finally, the father brings in some books and a school bag. The first day at school is a highlighted part of our lives. The first day was full of scariness for me. We went to the principal’s office and he asked me some piece-of-cake questions. Though I was unable to answer because of fears going on all around in my head. Fear of unknown places, strictness, and discipline of schooling, tough mornings, bunch of classrooms, group of teachers, lunch breaks, and happiness of pack-up is the pinnacle of childhood memories.

Life and Hobbies

It is impossible to pen down the actual feelings of evening roaming with friends, enjoying in rain and picnics on un-planned holidays. Holidays always glitter but in childhood - for a school going – it is gold. Munching on tasty snacks, street-roaming with friends and neighbors, little plans, and love for bicy,cles, and dollhouses are among the most satisfying feelings. We used to steal chocolates from the refrigerator that my mother home-made. I still can feel the smell and mouth-watering taste of that delicious piece of cocoa when I look back at the old memories. My father was a super busy person, but still, he spent enough time with us. I can remember picnics at a zoo, safari parks, horse and cattle shows, and cinema animated movies - where the entire family went. 

 

My mother always took some delicious food items to those places. I can’t recall what exactly the food items were, but they were amazing in taste, rest assured. Our loved ones were always around us. Mom was ever-ready to feed and hug us when we were sick, dad was always there to bring our toys and our friends lived right next to our house. Everything was good and pleasant.

Those were incredible days. Quite often we visited our native village and that was the most playful moment for me and my cousins. We got ample space to run, play football, and do all the activities that we can’t do in city life.

Character building

Perhaps the time I remember very fondly was the swimming classes with my siblings. I have always liked playing in the water, and swimming in clear pools was always an exciting activity. Even though I loved the water, at first, I could not swim because I was not aware of the basics. Gradually, as I learned to kick and paddle, it became fun to swim in shallow water. The test was swimming in a deeper portion of the pool as it was terrifying and simultaneously exciting. I still remember the day I decided to be confident, let go of my fears, and dived into the deep end of the pool. The moment I jumped into the water, the fear was nowhere, and I swam like a happy fish to the other end of the pool. That day also taught me a big lesson about taking the first step in life with confidence and willpower. 

What a person learns throughout his childhood always stays with him. If he has learned the importance of discipline, punctuality, ethics, and values since childhood, these values will stay throughout his life.

I remember my pet, “Birdy” – an Australian Parrot. I got it as a present on my 14th birthday. It felt so amazing to own such a colorful, lovely and chirpy bird. It looked somewhat like this pretty blue angel. It used to talk with me and sometimes repeat specific words that I taught it. Green chilies are a favorite food of parrots. I can easily recall my friends coming over to my place and we would be playing with birdy in a closed room throughout the evening. I kept it for 7 months and then I had to set it free as my father wanted me to learn the value of freedom and respect for other living creatures. I still remember Birdy and he was my best friend. I still hope he would be flying high somewhere in the skies.

Selfless Minds

Tiny pockets, tiny needs, tiny wants, and tiny desires, childhood revolves around these sweet memory lanes where the grass is always green and clouds, always have silver linings. Santa is my favorite hero and homes are the most abundant places on the whole planet. A sense of competition is absent. My biggest worries are broken bicycles, missed tv serial episodes, and lost candies. Pennies seem countless and siblings stand as besties.

Straight from heart

Yes, in life we come to face circumstances we feel suppressed, conditions we feel unfavorable, moments we feel shy, breaths we don’t speak in. Just recall that child playing in rain, standing in the nook of a room full of toys. It is this beautiful, everlasting period that has often been eulogized by storytellers, poets, and writers. Recollecting the past in tranquility is to hand ourselves to a state of melancholy. Wordsworth, the immortal poet of England - Childhood, according to him, is full of pleasures, thrill, and entertainment.

As I grow older, I look back with immense nostalgia on my childhood days filled with so much fun and frolic. I know they will never return and I shall blissfully cherish those memories forever. There is a famous saying:

“Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Java Springboot With FireBird

PYTHON Data Science

Cisco Contact Center - Customize Reports & Queries in CUIC - UCCX